Mathbook

Please Login to access the hidden portions of the site. If you do not have a login name or password, then please Register so that you may visit the whole site!

Enjoy your stay,
~Sickmond

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mathbook

Please Login to access the hidden portions of the site. If you do not have a login name or password, then please Register so that you may visit the whole site!

Enjoy your stay,
~Sickmond

Mathbook

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mathbook

Sickmond's Math

Welcome to the site! PLEASE go to the WELCOME PAGE and start a new topic telling us all who you are and what your username is! Please get to know the website!
Click on USER GROUPS at the top menu and join your group and recieve a colored screen name!

Latest topics

» 101 Ways To Annoy People
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:47 am by snap-on27

» My Favorite Movie
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:39 am by snap-on27

» WHO AM I??
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:25 pm by snap-on27

» Hello
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 pm by snap-on27

» Earthbound Z
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:45 pm by snap-on27

» NEVER ENDING WORD GAME!
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:41 pm by snap-on27

» YONKERS!!!!!!!!!
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:40 pm by snap-on27

» Dwarf Fortress
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:36 pm by snap-on27

» SMILEY STORY GAME (neverending)
The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm by Squidney16

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:09 am

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 15939 messages in 1152 subjects

We have 247 registered users

The newest registered user is girare

The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP

Harry Delvin
    Harry Delvin
    RPgamer
    EVIL KING muahaha

The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP Empty The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP

Post by Harry Delvin Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey everyone. I hope that if you're reading this, you still come on the site often / at least once a month. Now, you may remember the old roleplaying games. Well, here's a list of what I remember went wrong with them.

Band of Heroes got out of whack. Eventually, the combat system collapsed, there were several unused features, and the ending was AWFUL.

The Ninjas roleplay kept too much of the bad stuff from Band of Heroes. It may have even been worse.

EFR (epic fantasy roleplay) was probably the worst installment of the series. It got overcomplicated, to say the least. I am quite sure that I lost several people at the constantly updated, overlong instruction manuals.

Well this here is a refined, better edition. This is...

HEROES AND DARKNESS: THE ETERNAL STRUGGLE!

HD: ES is a far better version. It goes back to the basics, and is similar to all  of the above, yet is still much better. It also incorporates stuff from good old fashioned roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons and, one of my favorite 80's games of all time, Final Fantasy I.
    Trust me, it's improved from the old stuff. Just check out our list of new additions!
    Harry Delvin
    Harry Delvin
    RPgamer
    EVIL KING muahaha

The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP Empty Re: The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP

Post by Harry Delvin Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Alright, here's the character class improvements.

CHARACTER IMPROVEMENTS

Alright. Here is where good ol' Final Fantasy I comes into play.

You have six character class choices. In this game, character classes are less like bottles to fill, and more like parts to play. If you've ever seen Pirates of the Caribbean, then you know what I'm talking about. When Johnny Depp played Jack Sparrow, he did all the lines how they were written. BUT, he used emotion to play it less like "cheap pirate hero guy" and more of his own unique style.

You must choose a class, but you don't have to play it like "wizard: old dude with beard". You could, if you wished, play it like "wizard: young lady who shoots fire out her hands".

So, as for the classes, they are:

KNIGHT-- high HP, high defense, high attack, low magic power, low magic defense
    Knights are great physical attackers, but their bane is wizards shooting magic at them. They can equip lots of armor and pretty much every sword in the game, among other things. They can use simple, level one healing spells and the like.

NINJA-- mid-high HP, mid defense, med-high attack, mid-low magic power, mid-low magic defense
    Ninjas are stealthy, resourceful, and decent attackers, and have limited magic at their disposal.

KARATE DUDE-- crazy high HP, psychotically high attack, moderate defense, NO MAGIC AT ALL!
    When I say KARATE DUDE, think bo staffs, nunchuks, karate, etc... Be warned, thou shalt not get magicks due to your black belt and fists of fury!

BLACK WIZARD-- low HP, low attack, low defense, insane magic power, U CANT TOUCH THIS magic defense
    Black wizards are powerful ATTACK MAGIC users. Do not confuse this with things like "black magic" or "the dark arts", Harry Potter fans-- this is simply a dude who can fire lasers out their hands!

WHITE WIZARD-- low HP, low attack, low defense, insane magic power, U CANT TOUCH THIS magic defense
    White Wizards are the counterparts to Black Wizards-- they shoot out lasers too, but said lasers close up your wounds and restore HP!

GREY WIZARD-- mid HP, mid attack, mid-low defense, mid magic, mid magic defense
    Here he is folks, Jack of all trades! This guy does everything, but this guy also doesn't do everything perfectly. He can learn bits of both magic styles, BUT not all of them. He also has some SMAAASHing power, but of course, he looks like a baby compared to the all-powerful Knight!
    Harry Delvin
    Harry Delvin
    RPgamer
    EVIL KING muahaha

The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP Empty Re: The Latest Edition of Fantastical Roleplays-- SIGNUP

Post by Harry Delvin Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Here are combat improvements.

COMBAT IMPROVEMENTS

Combat is similar to what was originally done in Band of Heroes.
    You are given options, an opponent, and a license to terminate. You can go through mundane "fight, magic, item, run" and just do stuff exactly as explained, OR you can throw some emotion into the mix and come up with ways to do critical hits or employ unorthodox battle strategies. It's a bit of a throwback to Summer 2012, eh?

MAGIC SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

If I am correct, in Band of Heroes, you could have started out yesterday and yet be disintegrating people. So, here is my solution. You have to learn spells, and you can only learn spells that are at your level. For example, DISINTEGRATE will be a level eight spell. At level one, you will have two level one spell charges. At level two, you have three level one charges. At level three, you have four level one charges and one level 2 charge. At four, two 2 charges and five one charges. At five, one 3 charge, three 2 charges, and five 1 charges. thus, you gain a new spell level every two otherwise levels. THAT means you can't disintegrate stuff until level seventeen. Yeah, I know. This is to stop people from using insta-death spells on treasure guardians and stuff.
    Harry Delvin
    Harry Delvin
    RPgamer
    EVIL KING muahaha

Post by Harry Delvin Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Well, this here is an explanation of the full combat system, including magic details.
    (sorry for how long it is, you don't HAVE to read this if you don't want to)

WEAPONS
    WESTERN MEDIEVAL SWORDS:
    Wooden sword
    Iron sword
    Steel sword
    The three Magic Swords-- Ruby sword, Sapphire sword, Emerald sword
    Fire Sword and Grass Sword
    Special Swords like the Dragon Sword or Dark Sword

JAPANESE SWORDS/WEAPONS
    Katana
    Ninjato
    Kunai Daggers
    Shuriken
    Nunchucks (note, don't make a pair from wood or metal, they are illegal in NY State)
    Bo Staff
    KARATE KNOWLEDGE (deadliest weapon for karate guy)

OTHER WEAPONS
    Little Knife
    Big Knife
    Silver Knife
    Wood Hammer
    Steel Hammer
    Silver Hammer
    HAMMER OF THOR
    Huge Hammer
    Bow
    BOW OF THE GALADRHIM
    Crossbow
    ENCHANTED CROSSBOW

HEAVY ARMOR-- KNIGHT ONLY!
    Iron Armor
    Chain Armor
    Steel Armor
    DRAGON ARMOR
    GOLD ARMOR
    SILVER ARMOR
    CRYSTAL ARMOR

LIGHTER ARMOR-- KNIGHT, NINJA, KARATE GUY, GREY WIZARD
    Leather Armor
    Wooden Armor
    Steel-Studded Leather Armor
    EAGLE ARMOR
    DIAMOND-ENCRUSTED LEATHER ARMOR
    PEARL-ENCRUSTED LEATHER ARMOR
    PLATINUM-PLATED LEATHER ARMOR

GANDALF
    WIZARD ARMOR-- BLACK AND WHITE WIZARDS ONLY
    Red Cloak (boosts fire spells)
    Yellow Cloak (boosts electric spells)
    Blue Cloak (boosts water spells)
    Light Blue Cloak (boosts ice spells)
    Green Cloak (boosts other spells)
    Black Cloak (boosts all black magic, but less than the red/yellow/green cloaks)
    White Cloak (boosts all white magic, but less than the blue/l.blue/green cloaks)

BLACK MAGICKS
    LEVEL ONE
    Flames (basic fire spell)
    Electricity (basic electric spell)
    Sleep (puts foe to sleep for 1 round)
    LEVEL TWO
    Super Flames (great fire spell)
    Super Electricity (great electric spell)
    Paralyze (paralyzes foe for 3-5 rounds)
    LEVEL THREE
    Hyper Flames (ultra fire spell)
    Hyper Electricity (ultra electric spell)
    Teleport (warps user to a town or other location)
    LEVEL FOUR
    Master Flames (master fire spell)
    Master Electricity (master electric spell)
    Poison (not to be confused with the '80s rock band, poisons target for five rounds (AKA POSTS))
    LEVEL FIVE
    Dark Pulse (damaging spell, super effective against white wizards)
    Psycho Boost (boosts user's magic power by 10)
    Erase (potential one hit kills)
    LEVEL SIX
    Aura Sphere (magic attack that works like an attack with a steel sword)
    Magic Slash (magic attack with high critical hit possibility)
    Rain Dance (summons rain)
    LEVEL SEVEN
    Dragon Pulse (summons power of the dragon for double damage to physical classes)
    Acid Spray (moderate damaging and  50% chance of poison)
    Fast (increases user's or ally's speed by 10%)
    LEVEL EIGHT
    Metal Rush (launches chunk of steel at target for massive physical damage)
    Hyper Explosion (insane power attack, halves user's HP)
    Disintegrate (one hit kills, waay more effective than Erase)
    WHITE MAGIC
    LEVEL ONE
    Douse (water spell)
    Ice (ice spell)
    Heal (increases HP by 30)
    LEVEL TWO
    Super Douse (great water spell)
    Super Ice (great ice spell)
    Cure (stops some status ailments with medium accuracy)
    LEVEL THREE
    Hyper Douse (ultra water spell)
    Hyper Ice (ultra ice spell, may freeze target)
    Shield (may stop all attacks during round)
    LEVEL FOUR
    Master Douse (master water spell)
    Master Ice (master ice spell, 50% chance to freeze target)
    Half Revive (revives ally to half HP)
    LEVEL FIVE
    Summon Fairies (healing spell, very good for preventing/stopping blood poisoning)
    Rock Blast (attack spell, causes physical damage to opponent)
    Heal 2 (increases HP by 60)
    LEVEL SIX
    Earthquake (attack spell, damages all on battlefield except for caster)
    Fly (summons bird to fly to town or other location)
    Cure 2 (heals any and all status ailments)
    LEVEL SEVEN
    Synthesis (via a complicated process, the victim of this spell becomes part plant and regains 20% full HP each turn but is incapacitated)
    Insect Swarm (attack spell, causes insects to swarm opponent)
    Shield 2 (protects entire party from damage for one turn)
    LEVEL EIGHT
    Curse (curses foe, damages 25% full hp each turn)
    Hyper Blast (insane power spell, about 20 hp weaker than Hyper Explosion)
    Full Revive (revives party member to full hp)

Now, simply enough, the combat system works in a way like this, where an arrow indicates effectiveness:

KNIGHTS' PHYSICAL ATTACKS-->KARATE DUDE
                ^                                 |
                 |                                 V
    WIZARD ATTACKS<-----NINJA'S MAD PWNING POWER

Red wizards retain equal effectiveness against all.

Ditto for ranged attacks.

As do wizards using physical attacks (NOT AURA SPHERE, Aura Sphere does damage depending on caster's magical attack and opponent's MUNDANE (that means non-magical) defense, making it good for wizard-on-wizard battles)

And of course, your combat menu goes like this:

|TEXT BOX:(Opponent did something!)          |
    Picture of opponent here, I'll get character class
    images in a bit (straight from FFI!)

As all you previous band of heroes fans can see, I've brought back images. Why? Well, I have found that people find graphical stuff better than just text-based stuff. Just look at the commercials for Bing, and you'll notice that the people just pick the one with more images that are also right up there, rather than two results down.

Now, if you want to select a character class but don't know which one to pick, then click on the thing that says "I am the adventurer" in my signature, take the quiz, and paste it into your signature to see your results. Feel free to suggest a new class!

HEROES AND DARKNESS: THE ETERNAL STRUGGLE MANAGEMENT APOLOGIZES FOR THESE LONG POSTS. DON'T WORRY; THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:29 am